with the crazy weather? Hope everyone’s having a happy mom’s day.
for the last couple days I was wondering to myself, how hard would it be to revert to someone who is not interested in computers. Like, I’d just quit my job, open a yarn store on Willy St. and knit all day. I’d pay someone else to do all the paperwork, and someone else to do the taxes. I wouldn’t have email, or a website, or a blog. I wouldn’t know exactly what to do when my computer tells me I have a virus and I wouldn’t feel comfortable editing my registry. I’m not sure I would like it, but it’d be fun to try for a week.
1. Would you consider yourself an organized person? Why or why not?
yes. there’s a place for everything and everything in its place.
2. Do you keep some type of planner, organizer, calendar, etc. with you, and do you use it regularly?
recommended by a friend, i have a franklin covey planner for work-related events; a monthly calendar for big deadlines; and two monthly wall calendars for glancing at depending on which direction i’m facing.
3. Would you say that your desk is organized right now?
yep. little piles of to-do’s.
4. Do you alphabetize CDs, books, and DVDs, or does it not matter?
i used to, but now my cds and books are organized by genre.
5. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to organize?
a non-traditional wedding, wedding celebration, and honeymoon. good thing it was mostly a team effort. :)
i’m not so crazy afterall.
Disorder | Rating
be friends? Go here and fill out all the stuff and then find me, bekee, to be your friend. There aren’t enough wiscoreps yet. c’mon!
i finally peeled off the faded plastic sticker that indicates when the next oil change is needed. i breathed a sigh of relief at the mileage; 31,000.. but gasped at the date! 10/21/02! now it has to be a priority.. the oil is probably all old and separated and drippy. i go to woodman’s for my oil changes.
okay, we’ll do a this-or-that tuesday. The Media Edition
1. TV or radio?
tv, it’s easier to mute the commercials
2. On the radio: talk or music station?
3. Actual books or books-on-tape (or e-books)?
actual, for real, paper and ink books. i’ve never seen an e-book… ?
4. Actual newspaper, or web version?
web version, unless i feel like doing the crossword.
5. Wall Street Journal or National Enquirer?
6. TV news…news channel such as CNN, or your local broadcast news?
CNN, they stutter less.
7. A movie you’ve been looking forward to seeing gets bad reviews all around. See it anyway, or pass?
wait til it comes out on video.
8. See movies when they first come out, or wait a few weeks for the lines at the theater to get shorter?
wait a few weeks. i dislike crowds and fuller theaters tend to be louder and more obnoxious.
9. TV: cable, satellite dish, or just plain old antenna?
cable.. there’s little worth watching on the basic free channels.
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: If you had to choose only one form of media to come into your home, which would you choose…print (newspapers, magazines) or electronic (TV, internet)? Why?
internet. because i can pick the information that i want to be inundated with (for the most part) and i’d never run out of stuff to learn.
we drove to visit kurt’s mom yesterday.. apparently she’s tired of knitting and gave me a ton of yarn and almost all of her knitting needles. i have enough yarn for 2 afghans, but i think i might try my hand at a cardigan for work. it gets chilly in the summer what with all the air conditioning.
think of something fancy to say for my 200th entry.. except no one knows it’s my 200th entry but me. currently knitting: a water bottle holder.
bank, rent, dmv, lunch, bank, groceries. please note that the dmv lasted for 1.5 hours. the plus side of the dmv trip is that i got some knitting done. :)
to decide if i should call in sick tomorrow. kurt and i have a lot to get done and … i just told my boss that i’m calling in sick tomorrow. :) i just changed my mind though.. well.. maybe not. we’ll see.