i finally peeled off the faded plastic sticker that indicates when the next oil change is needed. i breathed a sigh of relief at the mileage; 31,000.. but gasped at the date! 10/21/02! now it has to be a priority.. the oil is probably all old and separated and drippy. i go to woodman’s for my oil changes.
okay, we’ll do a this-or-that tuesday. The Media Edition
1. TV or radio?
tv, it’s easier to mute the commercials
2. On the radio: talk or music station?
3. Actual books or books-on-tape (or e-books)?
actual, for real, paper and ink books. i’ve never seen an e-book… ?
4. Actual newspaper, or web version?
web version, unless i feel like doing the crossword.
5. Wall Street Journal or National Enquirer?
6. TV news…news channel such as CNN, or your local broadcast news?
CNN, they stutter less.
7. A movie you’ve been looking forward to seeing gets bad reviews all around. See it anyway, or pass?
wait til it comes out on video.
8. See movies when they first come out, or wait a few weeks for the lines at the theater to get shorter?
wait a few weeks. i dislike crowds and fuller theaters tend to be louder and more obnoxious.
9. TV: cable, satellite dish, or just plain old antenna?
cable.. there’s little worth watching on the basic free channels.
10. Thought-provoking question of the week: If you had to choose only one form of media to come into your home, which would you choose…print (newspapers, magazines) or electronic (TV, internet)? Why?
internet. because i can pick the information that i want to be inundated with (for the most part) and i’d never run out of stuff to learn.