100 facts about me.
54. Bekee Gibson was born with the right to party. Unlike the rest of us, who have to fight for it.
67. When Bekee Gibson enters a room, she doesn’t turn the lights on, she turns the dark off.
86. Bekee Gibson puts the “laughter” in “manslaughter”.
every once in a while, i dig out a past friday five and compare answers.. let’s see how i compare to roughy 3 years ago (answers from 2003 in italics).
1. What’s the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?
does iowa count? well, i’ll be… iowa it is, again! kurt and i went to dubuque in march.
2. What’s the most bizarre/unusual thing that’s ever happened to you while traveling?
i lost a yo-yo (or was it a slinky?) when i was 4. we ran into dave chapelle at a duane reade when in nyc last year. that was awesome.
3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?
4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?
i don’t really like planes… i don’t like being a passenger even more than i don’t like driving. maybe i should try a train. i haven’t travelled by train yet.. still don’t really care for planes or being a passenger. driving has grown on me.
5. What’s the next place on your list to visit?
portland. i’m really not in the mood, lately, for travel.
no one tagged me, but i need to distract myself from work for a minute, so i thought i’d do this one:
1. Who was your best friend?
by senior year, i wasn’t really hanging out with oregonians, so i guess it was jon y.
2. What sports did you play?
that’s a laugh-riot.
3. What kind of car did you drive
buick century, and then a dodge diplomat.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you?
at a rave in milwaukee, chicago, or madison.
5. Were you a party animal?
6. Were you in the “In Crowd”?
7. Ever skip school?
i got over that in junior year.
8. Ever smoke?
9. Were you a nerd?
not really. i was in the “other” category.
10. Did you get suspended/expelled?
11. Can you sing the alma mater?
i don’t think so?
12. Who was your favorite teacher?
actually, i was taking a class at matc for extra high school credits, so it was dr. j. mark thomas.
13. Favorite class?
aforementioned… i think it was contemporary society.
14. What was your schools full name?
oregon high school
15. School mascot?
16. Did you go to Prom?
17. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
18. What do you remember most about graduation?
it was hot. and my hair was the color of the sky.
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
going to even further 95 on the last day of school.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall?
no? i don’t know what that is.
21. Did you have a job your senior year?
yea, relay system for the hearing impaired and elder care
22. Who did you date?
a boy named pat
23. Where did you go most often for lunch?
i didn’t eat lunch
24. Have you gained weight since then?
i did, but it’s mostly gone now
25. What did you do after graduation?
worked for a while while at home and then moved out when i was 19
ending about two years ago, i blogged with the fridayfive each week. it helped keep the content fresh. but it’s been gone for a while, so i thought i’d pull one from my own archives.
1. what’s one thing you’ve done this week to help someone?
i honestly can’t think of anything helpful i’ve done this week.
2. what are two things you’ve eaten recently that you don’t normally eat?
vegetable strata from the workplace cafe, spinach cheese bread from glass nickel
3. what are three things you’ve tried doing better?
paying more attention while driving, eating, writing clean markup
4. what are four things you do habitually every day?
feed dog, eat 1 cup of multigrain cheerios, make 10 oz. coffee, walk dog, check email
5. what are five things you will do this weekend?
keep teaching jones to fetch, knit more squares, return kurt’s new tv?, get a bigger hard drive, install said hard drive
apparently bekeeblog is becoming an institution in wisconsin. this here blog has been chosen as a runner in mke’s (a milwaukee-based free zine) blog of the week contest. go vote for your favorite.
you don’t care, but i’m gunna cancel my friendster account. i never use it, and it’s really for single people and those who maintain a large group of acquaintances.
i’m featured on a local website that summarizes dane county (mostly the madison area) as a madison blogger. it’s a short read, if you’re interested. it’s kinda neat. :)
Personality Disorder Test Results
Take Free Personality Disorder Test
Your Linguistic Profile:
85% General American English
10% Upper Midwestern
What Kind of American English Do You Speak?
i miss the friday five. it gave me an excuse to not have to come up with something. so i’ll steal one from almost a year ago and see how/if my answers have changed.
1. List your five favorite beverages.
coffee, water, sprite, vodka+seltzer, bloody m.
2. List your five favorite websites. zefrank, orisinal, i read boingboing and metafiltereach day. i can’t think of a fifth.
3. List your five favorite snack foods.
yogurt, gardetto’s, pistachios, edamame, granola bar.
4. List your five favorite board and/or card games.
texas hold ’em, euchre, sheepshead, scrabble, solitaire
5. List your five favorite computer and/or game system games. the sims is the only one i play.