finished reading the curious incident of the dog in the night-time. a co-worker lent it to me. i finished it in about 3 hours total. it was pretty engaging. it’s written in the voice of a 15 year old autistic boy who has a pet rat and is trying to solve the mystery of a dog that was killed while writing a book about it. i’ll give it ****.
stitch! i decided, that while i’m in this lame knitting lull, that i’d pull out the billions of beads that i bought when first introduced to ebay. the results are as follows:
this has been the longest 4-day week ever! since fridayfive is no more, i thought i would try to make up my own for today.
1. what’s one thing you’ve done this week to help someone?
i took notes at a meeting that didn’t have a notetaker until i showed up.
2. what are two things you’ve eaten recently that you don’t normally eat?
the cafe lunch special (veggie lasagne), and cream of mushroom soup by /progresso/.
3. what are three things you’ve tried doing better?
i’ve tried smiling while i drive, laughing til i cry at least once a day, making someone else laugh at least once a day.
4. what are four things you do habitually every day?
coffee, string cheese, v8, yogurt.
5. what are five things you will do this weekend?
eat at la hacienda, grocery shop, play pool, yoga, poker.
sorry for the lack of anything. i think i’m going to try peyote stitching some finger rings when i get home.